January 6, 2022
Dear Students, Faculty, Staff and Families,
This letter is to inform you of recent positive COVID-19 cases on Tuesday, January 5, 2022.
· Carl J. Lamb School 2 individuals
· Margaret Chase Smith School 4 individuals
· Sanford Middle School 9 individuals
· Sanford High School 7 individuals
· Sanford Pride Elementary School 5 individuals
· Sanford Regional Technical Center 1 individuals
Please monitor yourself/your student for signs and symptoms. Call a health care provider if symptoms start and stay home if you are sick. Continue to follow the safety precautions that are in place. Together our preventive steps can protect the health of our students, school personnel, and the Sanford community.
COVID-19 is a respiratory illness that ranges from mild to severe. The virus mainly spreads when an infected person coughs or sneezes and an uninfected person breathes in the virus. Signs and symptoms include:
· Fever or chills
· Shortness of breath/difficulty breathing
· Muscle or body aches
· New loss of taste or smell
· Sore throat
· Congestion or runny nose
· Nausea or vomiting
Questions for the school can be directed to your building administrator. For general COVID- 19 questions, dial 211 (or 1-866-811-5695). You can also text your ZIP code to 898-211 or email email@example.com. Call ahealth care provider for questions about your symptoms.
Matt Nelson, Superintendent of Schools