Elementary School Projects
Goals for PreK-8 Reconfiguration
- Provide equitable opportunities for facilities and Program offerings PreK – 4 in all schools.
- Reconfigure grades and close selected schools to better balance your student population with your square footage.
- Create three PreK – 4 Elementary Schools – North, South and Central - CJL north, old JHS Central, and MCS south Sanford.
- Eliminate all modular classrooms district wide.
- Keep all 5th and 6th grade students together in same school.
- Reduce Operations and Maintenance costs by reducing the needed square footage and improving energy efficiency where possible.
- Maximize the use of building square footage district wide.
- Provide space for future growth and building expansion.
Margaret Chase Smith School (Pre-K to Grade 4) - Addition and Renovation
Former High School (Converted Middle School - Grade 5 - 8 Middle School) - Addition and Renovation
Former Junior High School (Converted Elementary School - Grades Pre-K to Grade 4) - Renovation
Information and Documents
Building Plans and Renderings - MCS Addition, JH and HS Renovation - 11MB
Proposed Plans for MCS, SJHS and SHS