November 16, 2020
Dear Faculty, Staff, Students and Families,
This letter is to inform you that all Sanford Middle School students will continue with full remote learning for the remainder of this week. This will give us more time to gather test results from those potentially exposed to COVID-19 at Sanford Middle School last week and to address any staff coverage issues that may arise. All known close contacts have been notified but we are still waiting to receive further guidance from the Maine CDC. I will continue to update you as information becomes available, including a projected date for returning to a hybrid schedule at Sanford Middle School.
Please continue to monitor yourself/your student and call a health care provider if you experience symptoms. Currently at this time, only Sanford Middle School will be full remote for the remainder of the week. All other schools will continue to follow their normal hybrid schedule.
Maine CDC recommends prevention measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19. These measures include:
- Avoid close contact - Avoid close contact with people who are sick. When you are sick, keep your distance from others to protect them from getting sick too.
- Stay home when you are sick - If possible, stay home from work, school, and errands when you are sick. This will help prevent spreading your illness to others.
- Cover your mouth and nose - Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when coughing or sneezing. It may prevent those around you from getting sick.
- Clean your hands - Washing your hands often will help protect you from germs. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand rub. Review the CDC site on handwashing for additional information.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth - Germs spread when a person touches a contaminated object and then touches his or her eyes, nose, or mouth.
- Practice other good health habits - Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces at home, work or school, especially when someone is ill. Wear face coverings and masks.
COVID-19 questions for Sanford Middle School can be directed to School Nurse Shawnda LaPointe at 324-3566. All other questions regarding the operation of Sanford Middle School can be directed to Principal Pam Lydon at 324-3114.
Matt Nelson, Superintendent